Security & Privacy
- If you've forgotten your password, just enter your email address on the Forgotten Password page, and we'll email you your password information. Then simply follow the instructions in the email to change your password
- Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
- When you make a purchase from our website, we collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. Carnoisseur complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and will treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
- In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
- We may also use banner advertising on other websites to present you with products we think may be of interest to you, based on your browsing history.
- We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. carnoisseur.com maintains the highest levels of security. Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. You can therefore rest assured that we take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
- While on a secure page most web browsers will display a padlock symbol and the start of the websites’ address will change from http:// to https://. When ordering online you can be safe in the knowledge that your personal information and payment data is encrypted, making it safe and secure before it is sent to us.
- Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
- We'll never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we'll ask you to contact us by phone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from carnoisseur.com requesting this kind of information, please do not respond but let us know.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.